Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Last Day of Freedom

Wow it's been a long time since I've updated. I didn't mean to neglect this blog already but I've been pretty busy surprisingly. I've been spending every weekend since Memorial Day Weekend in Seattle looking for apartments, moving my stuff up, and last weekend I rented a moving truck and moved Angela's furniture into my apartment. I also went to an incredible 311 concert in Eugene, OR with Ziggy Marley opening up. They have mad energy on stage and their new album is actually decent but there were a couple of weird people who had to get medical attention during the concert. I thought I was about to do chest compressions. Drugs are bad kids. I can't wait for the next 311 concert though!

I officially moved out of Portland yesterday and spent my first full day in Seattle today as an actual resident. It's been hectic...really hectic. Last night I met up with my friend from MCG who is also starting residency in Seattle and hung out with her fellow interns. We started the night off at a cool pool hall/bowling alley/bar. BTW $14 an hour for a billiard table is highway robbery. (http://www.garagebilliards.com/) Later that night we somehow ended up at a gay bar in Capital Hill (http://www.rplaceseattle.com/). What the heck! Me and another guy definitely got swindled into it. It was a bit weird but nonetheless pretty entertaining. Afterwards I took a long shower and cried while sucking my thumbs in the fetal position.

Today I was driving in Ballard and saw a ton of bicyclists riding naked with just body paint on Market St. I thought it was the Pride Parade like the one I saw in SF a few years back but that's actually next week. I found out it was the annual Freemont Fair and Solstice Parade (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/outdoors/2009350821_nwwfestival18.html) to celebrate the longest day of the year. It's great to still have sunlight outside till almost 10 pm.

So my friend and I got lunch in the International District to check out http://www.uwajimaya.com/ and to get lunch but that turned out to be an adventure in itself. Her car wouldn't start so we called tow truck to get it towed to the U-district where we killed a couple of hours checking out the scene on University Ave. Not too shabby...except I totally forgot that I was wearing my Orgeon Ducks shirt and got some bad looks by all these UW Huskies. Oops. I got a lot of "Go Ducks!" today but I kept thinking they were saying "Go Dawgs!". Wishful thinking right?

I'll leave you with a few pictures now. Tomorrow is the welcome picnic for me and my fellow interns! Monday I start orientation and Thursday is my first day...in ICU. Gulp is right.



Do you know how freakin scary it was to drive this 14 feet truck through downtown and NW Portland, 3 hours to Seattle, and through downtown into Queen Anne Seattle? Respect to all those truck drivers. I really can't believe how easily they just hand over the keys to you as long as you check 3 boxes stating that you know how to look at sideview mirrors, etc.






Peek-a-boo view of downtown Portland from the top of Washington Park after some tennis













My new apartment's kitchen. Not too shabby but could still be a little big bigger. I'm hoping to find a bigger place in 6 months.








Before we moved all of Angela's furniture in. The view isn't great from my window but here is the view from the roof patio.

Some of you might be able to tell that I live in Lower Queen Anne from this angle. Yeah baby!

1 comment:

  1. those trucks are easier to drive from the inside, you know, where the wheel and pedals are.

    ReplyDelete