We spent all day today listening to speakers talk about how much of a cutting-edge hospital we're working at in terms of efficiency and patient-safety. We were just recently in the news for this. (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/06/06/eveningnews/main5068218.shtml) The CEO sent people to Japan to learn Toyota's production model and developed a system for the hospital. It's also an incredibly open place to voice concerns and suggest new ideas. It's one of the many reasons why I wanted to come here. Some of the leaders responsible for this movement are actually Anesthesiology attendings who I'm looking forward to learning from.
Well, enough about my recent brainwashing. As usual I'll leave you with some pictures.
Mt. Rainier came out today. You can also see a cruise ship down to the bottom right. The globe is the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. And you can see Qwest Field where the Seahawks play behind the cruise ship. Safeco Field where the Mariners play is hidden behind the red cranes. Oh and the Amazon building is in the background on top of the hill.
I live close to the bay so you can hear these little buggers sqawking away
Here are a couple of panoramas that I just took from my roof patio. I split it in two since Blogger won't let me do one huge one.

No comments:
Post a Comment