Friday, May 22, 2009

My New Life

On Tuesday May 19th, 2009, I said goodbye to my family and friends to embark on what is the next chapter of my life and stepping stone of my career. I'm starting residency June 25th and have roughly a month to buy a car, look for an apartment, and get settled before I begin the onslaught of internship. And the rest is history. ::cliche alert!::




The view of the city of brotherly love from my Embraer. Note to self: Never fly US Airways again.








As the plane descended into the western sunset, I immediately saw the beauty of the Pacific Northwest when the clouds dissipated. We followed the Columbia River demarcating the states of Orgeon and Washington and I got a great view of Eastern Portland and possibly the Gorge/Dalles area. I arrived in PDX at 9pm Pacific time and was greeted by Angela who had some Best Baguettes (http://www.bestbaguettesandwiches.com/) waiting for me in the car.


She totally read my mind. I was so hungry on the flight that I was chugging V8 tomato juice. And I don't particularly enjoy tomato juice. Note to self: US Airways is the pits. In order to welcome me to the NW and congratulate me on my graduation (totally uneccessary but it was all out of love) I received a handsome consolation prize. A Fodor's guide to the Pacific NW, a humorous Basic Training handbook to the NW, NorthFace windbreaker, and Manfrotto camera tripod and ball-head to boot. Someone did some research and found exactly what I've also have been eyeing. Thanks again!



That's it for now. I'm currently negotiating a deal on a 2009 Jetta TDI and am killing time while I wait for a reply. Next time you visit I'll be rolling on some green power!

3 comments:

  1. cowboy jang in the NW - i will be avidly reading your blog

    jimmy who wishes he is going to be at vm this yr

    ReplyDelete
  2. nom nom nom.
    that stuff looks good. :]

    hope the deal you get on that car is good! I love Jetta's.. actaully most VW's in general I kindaa love...

    ReplyDelete